The purpose of the Business & Industrial (B&I) Guaranteed Loan Program is to improve, develop, or finance business, industry, and employment and improve the economic and environmental climate in rural communities. This purpose is achieved by bolstering the existing private credit structure through the guarantee of quality loans which will provide lasting community benefits.
General Program Requirements
A borrower may be:
A borrower must be engaged in or proposing to engage in a business that will:
- An individual
- A cooperative organization, corporation, partnership, or other legal entity organized and operated on a profit or nonprofit basis
- An Indian tribe on a Federal or state reservation or other Federally recognized tribal group, or
- A public body.
Individual borrowers must be citizens of the United States or reside in the U.S. after being legally admitted for permanent residence. Corporations or other non-public body organization-type borrowers must be at least 51 percent owned by persons who are either citizens of the U.S. or reside in the U.S. after being legally admitted for permanent residence. B&I loans are normally available in rural areas.
- Provide employment
- Improve the economic or environmental climate
- Promote the conservation, development, and use of water for aquaculture, or
- Reduce reliance on nonrenewable energy resources by encouraging the development and construction of renewable energy systems.
Your Next Steps
The following information will lead you to the next steps to apply for this program.
Complete loan applications should be sent to the USDA Rural Development State Office for the project location.
Program Contact Information