Minnesota Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Benefits
Program DescriptionWIC is a nutrition and breastfeeding program that helps young families eat well and be healthy.
WIC can help:
- Pregnant women learn about nutritious foods for a healthy pregnancy and birth.
- Support breastfeeding and help new moms meet their breastfeeding goals.
- Families provide nutritious foods to their young children so they are healthy, happy and ready to learn.
- Information about nutrition during pregnancy, and about feeding your baby and young children.
- Vouchers for a variety of healthy foods, including fruits and vegetables, milk, eggs, whole grain foods and more.
- Information and referrals to other health and social services.
General Program RequirementsIn order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a resident of the state of Minnesota; a pregnant, breastfeeding and/or postpartum woman; an infant or child up to 5 years of age; and individually determined by a health professional to be at nutrition risk.
In order to qualify, you must have an annual household income (before taxes) that is below the following amounts:
|Household Size*||Maximum Income Level (Per Year)|
Your Next StepsThe following information will lead you to the next steps to apply for this program.
Application ProcessFor more information on if you are eligible for WIC, complete the screening steps.
To apply for WIC, find a clinic location near you, or call 1-800-942-4030.
Program Contact Information
For more information, visit the WIC website.