Fulbright-Hays Faculty Research Abroad Program
The Fulbright-Hays Faculty Research Abroad Program offers fellowships, through Institutions of Higher Education, to faculty members who propose to conduct research abroad in modern foreign languages and area studies to improve their skill in languages and knowledge of the culture of the people of these countries.
In order to be eligible for this program, you must:
- Be a citizen or national of the United States, or a permanent resident of the United States,
- Be employed by an institution of higher education,
- Have been engaged in teaching relevant to your foreign language or area studies specialization for the two years immediately preceding the date of the award,
- Propose research relevant to your modern foreign language or area specialization, which is not dissertation research for a doctoral degree, and
- Possess sufficient foreign language skills to carry out the research project.
For application information, contact your institution's designated Project Director.