National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program
The National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program recruits health professionals to work in selected health professional shortage areas and, in return, helps repay their qualifying educational loans. In addition to loan repayment, these clinicians receive a competitive salary, some tax relief benefits, and a chance to have a significant impact on a community. Maximum repayment during the required initial two-year contract is $25,000 each year. Participants may extend loan repayments beyond two years, one year at a time, to the extent they have unpaid qualifying educational loans and serve at an eligible site.
National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program is administered by Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or national
- Practice in one of the following disciplines:
- Primary Care Physician (MD or DO)
- Dentist (DDS or DMD)
- Primary Care Certified Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Certified Nurse-Midwife (CNM)
- Primary Care Physician Assistant (PA)
- Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH)
- Health Service Psychologist (HSP)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Psychiatric Nurse Specialist (PNS)
- Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Be licensed to practice in the state in which you will serve as a Corps member.
- Have unpaid government or commercial loans for school tuition, reasonable educational expenses and reasonable living expenses, segregated from all other debts (that is, not consolidated with non-educational loans).
- Currently be working in a facility that is:
- An NHSC-approved facility, or
- Located in a Health Professional Shortage Area.
To start your application process, please visit: