Search Benefits

Alaska Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Benefits

Program Description

Alaska Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) is a nutrition program that helps pregnant women, new mothers and young children eat well, learn about nutrition and stay healthy. Nutrition education and counseling, nutritious foods and assistance with access to health care are provided to low-income women, infants, and children through the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program, popularly known as WIC. Our Alaska WIC mission statement is: "To support Alaskan Families in making nutrition decisions for life-long health and well-being".

General Program Requirements

In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a resident of the state of Alaska, pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum woman, infant or child up to 5 years of age and are individually determined by a health professional to be at nutrition risk.

In order to qualify, you must have an annual household income (before taxes) that is below the following amounts:
Household Size* Maximum Income Level (Per Year)
1 $27,232
2 $36,852
3 $46,472
4 $56,092
5 $65,712
6 $75,332
7 $84,952
8 $94,572
A person who participates or has family members who participate in certain other benefit programs, such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicaid or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), automatically meets the income eligibility requirement.

Your Next Steps

The following information will lead you to the next steps to apply for this program.

Application Process

See the Alaska WIC website for detailed application information:

Program Contact Information

For more information on Alaska WIC, please visit the Alaska Office of Children's Services at:
You can also call the Family Nutrition Services section at: 907-465-3100
Or if you have questions about the WIC program send an e-mail to: [email protected]
For Federal program information, visit USDA's Women, Infants, and Children program page.

You may also visit the U.S Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) Toll-Free Numbers for WIC State Agencies page for a list of toll free numbers.