Housing Counseling Assistance Program

Office of Housing Counseling in Housing
December 19, 2018


U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) funds housing counseling agencies throughout the country that can give you advice on buying a home, renting, defaults, foreclosures, credit issues and reverse mortgages.


Housing Counseling Assistance Program is administered by Office of Housing Counseling.

Program Requirements:

Homeowners, renters, or buyers may contact a HUD housing counselor and receive guidance for free or very low cost.

Application Details

Contact a local or national housing counselor from the website:

Explore More Benefits

Adjustable Rate Mortgage Insurance
Architectural Barriers Act Enforcement
Early Doctoral Student Research Grants
Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA)
Cooperative Endangered Species Conservation Fund
Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
Capital Construction Fund Program
Medicaid Program
State Children's Health Insurance Program
Armed Forces Tax Benefits

Welfare Info