Minnesota Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Benefits
Program DescriptionWIC is a nutrition and breastfeeding program that helps young families eat well and be healthy.
WIC can help:
- Pregnant women learn about nutritious foods for a healthy pregnancy and birth.
- Support breastfeeding and help new moms meet their breastfeeding goals.
- Families provide nutritious foods to their young children so they are healthy, happy and ready to learn.
- Information about nutrition during pregnancy, and about feeding your baby and young children.
- Vouchers for a variety of healthy foods, including fruits and vegetables, milk, eggs, whole grain foods and more.
- Information and referrals to other health and social services.
General Program RequirementsIn order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a resident of the state of Minnesota; a pregnant, breastfeeding and/or postpartum woman; an infant or child up to 5 years of age; and individually determined by a health professional to be at nutrition risk.
In order to qualify, you must have an annual household income (before taxes) that is below the following amounts:
|Household Size*||Maximum Income Level (Per Year)|