The Social Services Block Grant (SSBG) is a capped entitlement program that provides funds to assist states in delivering social services directed toward the needs of children and adults. These services include:
1) Preventing, reducing, or eliminating dependency
2) Achieving or maintaining self-sufficiency
3) Preventing neglect, abuse, or exploitation of children and adults
4) Preventing or reducing inappropriate institutional care
5) Securing admission or referral for institutional care when other forms of care are not appropriate
In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must characterize your financial situation as low income.
Each State determines what services to support and which populations to serve, and can refocus their SSBG expenditures over time as their populations' needs change.
You may apply for this program through your state's program office.